Remember when we used to watch TV and wait for our favorite cartoons and shows late at night? Well, those days are long gone. Welcome to the age of OT platforms.
And in the modern age of OTT platforms, Netflix stands tall as the crowned king in the OTT market. Tons of people from different parts of the globe enjoy the exclusive shows and movies that the platform has in store for them.
The login process for Netflix is pretty simple, but users find it difficult at times. In case you are one such newbie who wants to get started with their initial OTT experience, follow this write-up till the very end to know how to log in to your Netflix account along with some counters for login issues.
But before we begin, let us take a look at some interesting facts and figures that justify why Netflix is at the top of the OTT food chain.
Fun Facts About Netflix
- Back in 2019, Netflix generated more traffic than Google. Seems surprisingly fictional but it is indeed true.
- The original name of Netflix on paper was Kibble
- Example Show was the first clip that was released on Netflix.
- HBO’s 17-year Emmy streak was broken by Netflix.
- Disney was paid by Netflix, a total of 300 million, for content streaming rights.
- Every employee is sworn in to not share the location of the warehouses of Netflix.
- A Netflix employee can take as many leaves as they want to.
Let us now move towards the center of attention, which is the login process.
Different Ways to Login to Netflix Account
1 Via Netflix.com (Web Browser Method)
The steps mentioned below can help users to log in to their account via Netflix.com from a web browser, provided that they follow the steps correctly;
- Access the official web page of Netflix with the web browser of your choice.
- On the official web page, click on the sign-in button that appears in the top right corner of your screen.
- After clicking on the sign-in button, you need to enter your email address or your mobile number that is connected with your Netflix account in the given field. Once you have done that, type your password correctly in the field and hit the sign-in button.
- Another way to login into the Netflix account is by using your Facebook account. Simply click on the option of “login with Facebook” and a new window will pop up where you will need to enter the login credentials for your Facebook account and hit the sign-in button.
These simple steps can be used to log in to a Netflix account on a web browser without much effort.
2 Via the Application of Netflix (Non-Web Browser Method)
- First off, you will need to download the application of Netflix on your respective device, be it Windows, Android, or iOS.
- Upon the installation of the application, simply launch the application on your device and enter your mobile or email address and your account password in the given fields correctly.
- Complete the sign-in process by clicking on the same button.
And there you have it. These simple steps can help users to sign in to a Netflix account without breaking a sweat. The login process may seem like a piece of cake by now, right?
Unfortunately, it is human to err and users often forget their account email address, but do not sweat it as this can be easily fixed by following the info mentioned in the next section of this blog.
Steps to Recover from Email Address or Mobile Number
Checking all the email addresses and mobile numbers just to find out that one with which you signed up on the platform can be pretty exhausting. If you simply do not remember your email address or mobile number, follow the steps that are mentioned below to recover it with ease;
- Access the official website of Netflix, to begin with, the proceedings and from there, click on the sign-in button.
- On the sign-in page, simply click on the “Need help” that is just below the sign-in button.
- Now, click on the “I can’t remember my email address or mobile number”.
- After doing so, fill in the form correctly with your first and last name along with the details of your credit or debit card that you used to buy the subscription to Netflix. Once you are done, hit the “find account” button that is available at the bottom corner of your screen.
Easy, right? Oftentimes, users also forget their password but do not worry as resetting it is even simpler.
Easy Steps to Reset Netflix Account Password
- Visit the official website of Netflix on your preferred web browser.
- Similar to the method mentioned above, follow steps 1 and 2.
- For the password reset process, you can either make use of your email address or your mobile number to receive a text message or an email address.
- Depending on the option that you choose, a password reset link will be sent on the chosen mode of recovery.
Seems like you can finally access your account without any worries. Not so fast, OTT worshiper.
There can be times when users find themselves confused and searching for the answer to the famous query of how do I sign in to my Netflix account. The reason can be the login issues that are pretty common and can hinder your binge-watching sessions.
Let us take a look at how we can tackle the login issues of Netflix without breaking a leg or the remote if we are being honest.
Easy Ways to Fix Login Issues with Netflix
1 Check out the Servers of Netflix
It is often seen that users feel this issue due to maintenance issues. Most users do not pay attention to the status of the servers and try to access their accounts. In case you are also wondering where it all went wrong, try to check the status of the servers before you log in to your account.
One can make use of websites such as the down detector to check whether the servers of Netflix are down or not. If the servers are perfectly fine, we may have another issue on our hands.
2 Ensure that You Have a Stable Internet Connection
It may seem pretty stupid but not having a strong and stable internet connection can lead to some serious login problems. You won’t be able to access the account if the speed is not good enough. Conduct a speed test for the same and if you feel that it is not good enough, try fixing it or switch to a different internet service provider.
Keep these in mind the next time you face login issues with Netflix to experience the best OTT experience. We sincerely hope that the blog answered all of your queries.
Infomafia, over and out!