Taking your vehicle to a dealership may be a great way to keep it running like new. Or, if you are casting about for a pre-owned car, shopping at a dealership means you’ll likely get a warranty. Even better, a Ford shop in Newton may offer you a money-back guarantee if the car you acquire doesn’t live up to your expectations.
That said, how can you find a Ford dealership near you? Here are a few pointers:
1. Check Out the Ford Website
This seems like an obvious step: visit the Ford site and use their Find a Dealer tool. Enter your location, and it’ll give you a list of the nearest dealerships, complete with contact information, addresses, and hours of operation. Here’s a breakdown of the process:
Open the Ford Website, and click on the Dealership Locations link, which redirects to a page where you can locate a dealer. You can search for a dealer by location or name.
To search by location, type your zip code or city and enter. Alternatively, if you have a particular dealer’s name in mind, you can use that to find their location.
The advanced search function on the site allows you to find a dealer within 10 to 300 miles of your location. Once you use this option, a list of the closest Ford dealerships populates your screen, from nearest to furthest. In so doing, you can find a dealer near your home.
This feature also allows you to select certain dealer types. By filtering your search results, you can find dealers who:
- Sell and service commercial vehicles
- Offer certified collision repair services
- Are certified to service CAT and Cummins diesel engines
- Dabble in tire sales
- Provide quick lane services
By narrowing down your options using the filter, you can make your search more efficient, ensuring you find what you are after. And if you need to call the dealer for directions or have any other questions, most of their contact information should be readily available on the website. However, it doesn’t hurt to have a physical copy in case you need it later.
2. Look for Online Dealer Directories.
Another way to find a Ford dealer near you is by consulting an online directory. These websites are essentially lists of pre-owned or new vehicles from dealerships across the country and are a great resource if you need to find one in a hurry. Here are a few reputable directories to check out:
- Cars Direct
- Motor Trend
These websites should provide all the information you need to locate a Ford dealer. For instance, if you’re searching for a used Ford local vehicle in Kansas, enter your zip code on the Edmunds website. Then, by clicking on one of the results, you can check the dealer’s information or call them.
3. Conduct a General Search Online
Sometimes, you may want to shop around or check to see if any other dealerships in the area have what you have in mind. In that case, a search on Google, Bing, or another search engine will suffice. A query like “new and used Ford dealers near me” should do the trick. By so doing, you can get a list of results from which you can further narrow your options.
All Dealerships Are Not Created Equal
Once you have a list of potential dealers, it’s time to research and see which one is the best fit. Meanwhile, here are variables to consider as you browse for options:
- Services Offered: Some dealerships may offer a wider range of services than others. For example, if you’re looking for collision repair, ensure the dealership you choose is certified to provide those services. The same applies if you’re in the market for a new or used vehicle – not all dealers carry both. Do your homework to ensure the dealership can provide what you need.
- Specials and Incentives: Many dealerships offer specials on certain services or vehicles. Ask if the dealer you choose has any current deals that can help you save some dough.
- Customer Service: To ensure you’re doing business with a dealership that puts its customers first, read online reviews. If a dealership has a lot of negative reviews, it’s probably best to steer clear.
By using one or all of the straightforward methods, you should be able to track down a reputable dealer in no time. Then, you can get down to your business of the day. I hope this guide leads you to a fruitful search for a Ford dealership.