Netflix and chill, right? We have all heard this popular catchphrase, but it is safe to say that the chill part is not what we think.
The uncrowned king of OTT applications, Netflix has been making moves on the entertainment market for as long as one can remember. One can find all sorts of movies, web series, and originals on the platform that are available for both offline and online use.
Creating an account on the platform is pretty simple and one can create profiles in case more than single individual access the platform. In a recent poll, it was seen that most Netflix users do not log out of their accounts since they have a hard time figuring out how to change the password for their Netflix account. And many users don’t know how to change their Netflix passwords.
In case you are one such user among the herd of OTT users, follow this blog from the get-go to find all the answers that you seek about the statement that sounds like this, “forgot my Netflix password, what do to next?”
Easy Ways to Reset Netflix Password
Luckily, Netflix offers some easy ways to reset its password, and here you will get the information about the same:
1. Via Email Address
You can use your email address linked to your Netflix account in order to reset the password and within a few minutes, you will be on your sofa chilling and binge-watching:
- Start the proceedings by accessing the login page of Netflix.
- From there, you will need to click on the option of email to enter the email correctly in the given space.
- Following this, simply hit the “email me” option and an email will be sent to the entered mail address with a reset link in it.
- Now, click on the link and you will access your Netflix account, from where you can recover your Netflix password with ease.
If the password reset email that you have received is not working or is showing as invalid, here is how you can try to fix it:
- If you are using the app to reset the password, clear its cache from settings, as this will completely log you out of Netflix, and then you can request the password email again.
- In case, you are using Netflix’s website to reset the password, clear the cache and history of your browser, and then follow the recovery steps again.
2. Via Text Message
The next option that you get to reset your Netflix account password is by selecting the text message options; here is how to use this recovery option:
- Begin the recovery process by accessing the official login page of Netflix.
- From there, you will need to click on the SMS option to reset the Netflix password.
- For the next step, simply enter the mobile number in the given field and hit the option that says, “text me”.
- Upon doing so, a text will be sent to your mobile number with a code that is to be entered in the given field available on the screen to hit the verify button.
- Once you have done so, you will be directed to the password reset page for Netflix, where you need to come up with a stronger and easy-to-remember password for your account.
Reset Netflix Password without Phone Number or Email Address
This is also possible that you don’t remember your phone number or email address that is linked to Netflix, or you no longer have access to the recovery information. In such a scenario, Netflix offers you a way to get back to your account and reset your password, here is how to do it:
- Visit the Netflix login help page.
- Then, click on ‘I can’t remember my email address or phone number’.
- Once you click on that, you will be required to provide the ‘first name on account’, ‘last name on account’, and your credit or debit card number that is linked to Netflix; click on ‘Find Account’.
- Go with the on-screen instructions and you will be able to reset your Netflix’s password after verification.
Change Netflix Password (for Mobile Users)
In case you need to change your Netflix password, you can simply make use of the avatar icon that is available on the top right corner of your screen. From there, hit the account tab to select the change password option and on the same page, you will need to enter your current password and then your new password. Re-type your new password for confirmation purposes.
Before you finish the process, make sure to tick the checkbox for the option that says, “require sign-in again for all devices” to ensure that no unknown device has access to your Netflix account.
Change Netflix Password (for Desktop and Web Browser Users)
- Similar to other methods, access the official website of Netflix, to begin with.
- Hit the avatar icon that is available on the top right corner of your system screen.
- In the next window, locate the option of account to hit the account details tab.
- Following this, you will be directed to a new page where the details of your account will be on display. On the same page, you can hit the option of changing the password.
- Now, simply enter your current and the new password in the respective spaces that appear on your screen.
Click, on the “save” button to make changes permanent. And after that log into your Netflix account to check whether your password is updated or not.
Netflix is undoubtedly a great media platform where one can start their binge-watching season without having to think twice, once they have purchased a subscription.
This is it from our side. For more help regarding Netflix, visit the Netflix Help Centre
Infomafia, over and out!
See Also: GoDaddy Email Login with simple steps